When we buy your damaged car, we take care of all the paperwork that is needed for transferring your vehicle into our ownership. The only thing you need to do is sign and post the small slip that is attached to the V5 document (log book).

But, when you sell a car, there are sometimes other considerations to make. For example, you may want to send your cars tax disc back for a refund or you may want to retain your personalised registration plates. And for every consideration, there is an accompanying form to fill out!

At Remove My Car, we understand how confusing and frustrating it can be finding the right forms for your particular situation. So to make things easier for you, we have collected all of the forms you might need and made them available for download, right here.

V20 – Duplicate Vehicle Licence Disc Application Form

You will need this form if you want to reclaim your vehicle tax but are unable to return your licence disc (tax disc) because it has been lost, stolen, destroyed, made illegible, or because the DVLA rejected your previous refund application.

V62 - Application for a vehicle registration document application

You will need this form if the V5 (log book) for your vehicle is not in your name or you have lost, damaged, or destroyed the original log book.

V317 - Application to transfer or retain a vehicle registration number

Use this form if you have vehicle registration plates (number plates) that you wish to retain.

V14 - Application for a vehicle licence refund

You need this form if you want to reclaim vehicle tax. When you send this form to the DVLA, you need to include your licence disc (tax disc). If you do not have your licence disc, or it has been damaged or destroyed, you will need to return a V20 form.

V890 - Declaration of SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification)

If your damaged car is parked on a public road (or will be driven on a public road), you need to either ensure it is fully taxed for 6 months or 12 months, or declare that it is off-road and out of use. To declare that your car is not in use and not parked on a public road, you need to complete a V890 SORN. If you do not have valid vehicle tax and you have not provided a SORN for your car, you will be fined by the DVLA.

SORN you Vehicle online HERE

See How Much Your Car Is Worth

Rated 4.9/5 from 12,579 reviews
Rated 4.9/5 from 12,579 reviews